Senior Network Engineer
This Senior Network Engineer position serves within the Information Security & Network Services unit of the Information Technology (IT) division. The position serves as a technical lead for networking, physical and virtual infrastructure, major application systems, and telecommunications within Information Technology. This position will also serve as the second-in-command to the Director of Information Security & Network Services by assisting in daily operational management and complex project development of various network, storage, and systems-related infrastructure solutions. The Senior Network Engineer will utilize their experience of Cisco networking, IaaS, and data center virtualization technologies on a daily basis. A successful candidate will have a substantial knowledge of a subset of the skills required by the position and the capability to learn the other technologies.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
- Design, implement, and support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, WLAN, and VoIP environment. This includes routers, firewalls, security, wireless, LAN switching, and Nexus Data Center equipment. Design, implement, and support IaaS platforms including Azure and AWS. Design, implement, and support data center virtualization technology including vSphere 6.5 and Cisco UCS. Design, implement, and support Windows and Linux servers, both physical and virtual, to support the needs of the institution. Design, implement, and support Office365 and Active Directory. Provides senior-level counsel to all IT employees in the resolution of complex technical issues and assists the Director of ISNS in managing and implementing complex systems for the Information Security & Network Services unit within the IT division. Maintain complete technical documentation. Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness. Evaluates new technology and provides recommendations to management.
- This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
- Leads long-term projects for implementation of technology upgrades. Various duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to information technology and one to three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or certifications
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule at various campuses
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years of network experience
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, RHCE, VCP)
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
Optional Documents to Attach
- Letters of Recommendation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Expert-level knowledge of routing, switching, and network protocols. Expert-level Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware ESXi). Knowledge of server operating systems and major application support (Windows Server, Linux, Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint, DNS/DNSSEC, DHCP). Knowledge of SAN technologies (EMC, Oracle). Knowledge of IaaS (Azure, AWS). Knowledge of VoIP/digital/analog phone systems (Cisco CUCM, UCCX). Knowledge of card access systems (Blackboard Transact). Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python). Knowledge of information technology systems and internal controls. Knowledge of information technology best practices. Knowledge of computer system design, architecture, and methodologies. Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal laws. Knowledge of administrative management and planning. Knowledge of the preparation and interpretation of statistical, technical, and narrative reports. Skill in problem analysis and resolution. Skill in the preparation of clear and precise reports. Skill in oral and written communication.
Contact Information For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].