Customer Service Manager (Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid)
Job Purpose: Supervise customer service operations within a campus unit to include responding directly to or referring customer requests and otherwise facilitating customer needs. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Organize and assign customer service staff responsibilities; monitor performance and provide feedback and development opportunities.
- Develop and on approval implement customer service policies, processes and procedures.
- Monitor customer service activity promoting staff adherence to policy and procedures and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Respond directly to customer inquiries as required; resolve issues requiring management attention.
- Ensure customer service facilities are maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain customer service related files and records; produce reports on customer service activity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associates Degree, or two years college coursework
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires a working knowledge of customer service organization and processing as applied within assigned unit which will include skills in staff supervision, program management, communications and organization. Use of office and specialty computer applications is required.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Three or more years of related experience.
- Preferred Certifications: NA
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of best practices in providing customer service to applicants pursuing higher education; ability to build effective business partnerships; excellent verbal and written communication skills; working knowledge of student information system such as Banner; web content management skills; ability to work within a team and independently with limited supervision.
- Additional Information: This position reports to the Associate Director, Outreach and Client Services, and will serve as part of the management team of the unit. The incumbent will supervise customer service operations within the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to include responding directly to or referring customer requests and otherwise facilitating customer needs. Specifically, coordination of outreach and services will be required for special cohorts including, but not limited to, online and graduate programs. Along with interacting on a consistent basis with visitors to the office, incumbent will also interact frequently with students and others who make contact by email and phone, as well as collaborate closely with staff, Enrollment Services managers, and other campus partners. This position requires the ability to frequently and successfully manage and intercede on customer service interactions. Incumbent should also be prepared to provide on and off campus presentations to a variety of audiences. Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit visitors, guests and unit management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: individuals with service requests. This position will supervise: assigned staff.