Adjunct Instructor, Substance Abuse Counseling Program
Posting DetailsPosition Information Security Sensitive Statement
Positions are security sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Posting Information Position TitleAdjunct Instructor, Substance Abuse Counseling ProgramIs this an Adjunct PositionYesPosition Number799910-1Posting Number201500037FACStart Date04/27/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions To Applicants
The application must be completed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. Failure to complete the application completely may result in you not being considered for the vacant position. Your application for the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the of the process of applying for a position.
Review of qualified applicants to begin immediately.
The following documents are requested: cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference. For the review process we will accept three professional references, name, phone number, and e-mail address. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
In compliance with House Bill 558 passed during the 76th Legislative session, Lamar State College – Port Arthur requires that all male U.S. citizens from 18 to 26 years of age provide proof of registration with the Selective System or exemption from such registration, prior to employment.
Lamar State College-Port Arthur is an E-Verify Employer.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at (409) 984-6237.
The Adjunct Instructor for the Substance Abuse Counselor Program reports directly to the Program Coordinator. The primary duty of this position is to provide classroom instruction of course(s) of the Substance Abuse Counseling Program. Assignments may include teaching evening and/or online courses. May be required to participate in recruiting and promotional activities. Participates in professional development activities and works with the various administrative functions of the college. Performs other related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
Graduate of an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in the field or closely related field is required. Must have 18 graduate hours in Counseling, Clinical Mental Health, Addictions Counseling, or closely related subject.
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
Ability to understand the teaching and evaluation methodologies used in the total instructional process.
Knowledge of curriculum development.
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
High degree of communication skills, written and spoken.
Ability to evaluate programs and procedures.
Ability to deal with parents, students, faculty and staff in professional manner.
Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to plan, schedule, and manage projects and assignments.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with others.
Ability to promote the campus image.
Ability to follow established college policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, listen, and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit, lift, push, pull and carry objects.
Occasional travel may be required. Valid Texas Drivers License is required.
Working Conditions: Normal classroom setting.
1. Provides quality and innovative instruction. Assigned courses may include evening or online classes.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
2. Keeps the Program Coordinator informed on a regular basis regarding all actual or potential problems, concerns, or issues related to the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling program.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
3. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
5. Establishes effective working relationships with others.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
6. Continues professional and technical development to increase ability to teach and coordinate the program.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
7. Maintains current knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in the subject areas of teaching responsibility.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
8. Establishes effective working relationships with college and practicum partners.Reference Letter References Minimum Requests3Maximum Requests3Last Day a Reference Provider Can Submit Reference09/30/2019Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have experience in public speaking?
- * How would you rank your proficiency in using Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint?
- * Do you have experience in using the Blackboard Learning Management System?
- * Do you have a valid Texas Drivers License and a good driving record?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- 0-1 year
- 1-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-7 years
- 7 or more years
- * How many years of teaching experience do you have?
- 0-1 years
- 1-2 years
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 5 or more years
- * How many years of experience of LPC or LCDC do you have?
- 0-1 years
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 6-7 years or more
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Selective Service
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3