Adjunct Instructor, Upward Mobility Nursing Program
Posting DetailsPosition Information Security Sensitive Statement
Positions are security sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Posting Information Position TitleAdjunct Instructor, Upward Mobility Nursing ProgramIs this an Adjunct PositionYesPosition Number799910-2Posting Number201500038FACStart Date04/27/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions To Applicants
The application must be completed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. Failure to complete the application completely may result in you not being considered for the vacant position. Your application for the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Review of qualified applicants to begin immediately.
The following documents are requested: cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference. For the review process we will accept three professional references, name, phone number, and e-mail address. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Lamar State College-Port Arthur is an E-Verify Employer.
In compliance with House Bill 558 passed during the 76th Legislative session, Lamar State College – Port Arthur requires that all male U.S. citizens from 18 to 26 years of age provide proof of registration with the Selective System or exemption from such registration, prior to employment.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at (409)984-6237.Job Summary
The Instructor reports directly to the Upward Mobility Nursing Program Coordinator. The primary duties of this position are classroom instruction, lab instruction, and clinical supervision. Continues professional development. Performs other related duties as required. This is an Adjunct Position that will be filled as needed.Minimum Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a MSN or BSN with master’s degree in related field and a minimum of six semester hours of graduate level content in nursing. Must be a Registered Nurse and have a license to practice in the State of Texas. Three (3) years of experience since graduation from an approved nursing program. Must be currently employed in nursing or nursing education for the previous three years.
Ability to understand the teaching and evaluation methodologies used in the total instructional process.
Knowledge of curriculum development.
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
High degree of communication skills, written and spoken.
Ability to evaluate programs and procedures.
Ability to deal with parents, students, faculty and staff in professional manner.
Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to plan, schedule, and manage projects and assignments.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with others.
Ability to promote the campus image.
Ability to follow established college policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, listen, and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit, lift, push, pull and carry objects.
Occasional travel required. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Working Conditions: Normal classroom and lab setting. Clinical experiences are typically performed in hospital or nursing homes. Some hazardous conditions exist.
1. Provides quality and innovative instruction. Assigned courses may include at least one evening class per year.
2. Maintains academic standards as established by the Texas Board of Nursing.
3. Supplies professional leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
4. Establishes effective working relationships with others.
5. Continues professional and technical development.
6. Maintains current knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in the subject areas of teaching responsibility.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of nursing experience do you have?
- over 8 years
- * How many years of experience do you have as a Nurse Educator?
- over 4 years
- * What is your highest level of nursing degree achieved?
- Master Degree in a related field with graduate level nursing courses
- Master Degree in Nursing
- Doctor in Nursing Practice
- Other Doctorate degree
- * Do you have experience in public speaking?
- * How would you rank your proficiency in using Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint?
- * Do you have experience in using the Blackboard Learning Management System?
- * Are you a Registered Nurse?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Selective Service
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3