Annual Giving Student Supervisor
Position DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAnnual Giving Student SupervisorFederal Work StudyYesEmerson EmploymentYesDepartment Number807030Job Description
Coordinate all aspects of the calling shift under the direction of the Annual Giving Officer. This includes but is not limited to:
- Supervise, assist, coach, monitor, and encourage callers during the calling shifts.
- Perform all nightly duties (Supervisor checklist) and inform Phonathon Coordinator of any problems/issues.
- Use Wilson-Bennett software to prep shift, assign prospects, and troubleshoot throughout shift.
- Organize and supervise shift games.
- Evaluate Phonathon callers on phone presence and ability to cover all areas of a call. (updated information, used correct ask ladder, handled objections, asked for credit card, thanked the donor).
- Run weekly team meetings and communicate issues to supervisor and Annual Giving team.
- Maintain the Phonathon room and ensure proper care of equipment and space.
- Responsible for key to calling room and access to cabinet.
- Assist the Annual Giving Officer in handling disciplinary actions for callers.
- Report to the calling room on time for supervisor shift, 6:00pm Mon-Thurs
- Behave at all times in a professional and courteous manner, demonstrate leadership ability, and serve as an example for Phonathon callers.
- Provide daily positive reinforcement and constructive criticism to all callers.
- Work with the Annual Giving Officer to set nightly goals and keep track of semester progress toward goals.
- Manage nightly paperwork for all callers – stay alert for caller mistakes or missing paperwork and correct situations as needed.
- Call donors and prospects as determined by the Annual Giving Officer.
Annual Giving Student Supervisors will also serve as part of a leadership team for the Voice Your Choice Student Action Committee.
Other expectations may include playing a leadership role in giving tours to visiting alumni; working alumni/parent/donor events when needed;shooting/editing videos for Voice Your Choice; working on marketing/communications material for Voice Your Choice; other ad hoc assignments as needed.Required Qualifications
-At least two semesters experience as a Phonathon caller
-Proven track record of leadership and calling results
-Ability to work as a member of a team
-Available for mandatory day hours/meetings
-Possess organizational abilities and attentiveness to details
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Ability to record data accurately and maintain a high-level of confidentiality
-Ability to initiate and follow through with carrying out program policies and procedures
-Possess sound judgment, professionalism, maturity, poise, and tact when dealing with callers, Office of Institutional Advancement staff, alumni, and parents.
-Working knowledge of Phonathon operations and Emerson college facts/news
N/ASalary$14-$14.50/hour Posting Detail Information Desired Start Date09/04/2019Position End Date05/10/2019Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I understand that I must be a current Emerson College student to apply to this job.
- Yes, I am a student.
- No, I am not a student
- Resume or CV