Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences at North Park University seeks applications for a full-time, professional or tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor, to begin Fall 2019. This position includes teaching 12 credit hours each semester based on the qualifications of the candidate and expertise. The primary responsibility will be in obstetrical and women’s health nursing in the undergraduate nursing program; coordinating and supervising student clinical experiences in the obstetrical area and overseeing clinical adjunct faculty assigned to the course. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring students in their progression through the nursing program and participation in university-wide service. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Minimum of a master’s degree in nursing, doctorate preferred
• License as an RN in the state of Illinois
• Certification in the area of obstetrical/women’s health nursing
• At least five years of clinical experience as an RN
• Successful experience teaching in the academic environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to incorporate the university’s city centered, intercultural, and Christian distinctives into teaching and service
This individual will report to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and will work closely with other faculty in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
In order to be considered for this position, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, 3 letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, and unofficial transcripts to:
Linda Duncan, Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences
North Park University
3225 W. Foster Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625-4895
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.