EDP Systems Analyst II-Technology Support Services
Category:: Classified Staff
Department:: Technology Support Services
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 2, 2019
Closes:: Apr 25, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Support Services (TSS), the EDP Systems Analyst II provides technical support and service in Windows/MAC environment. The analyst will work with all BHCC constituencies - students, faculty and staff. The analyst will support O/S, peripheral devices, productivity software, network connectivity, software installation/upgrades and assist in maintaining HW/SW inventory. Support is delivered through calls, emails, walk-ins and desk side visits. Excellent communicate and collaboration skills habits are required.
- Three years full-time or equivalent part-time professional experience supporting PC and Apple computers in enterprise environment.
- Experience in standard productivity suites (Office 2013/2016, Visio)
- Experience in the configuration, installation and troubleshooting of printers and scanners.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Proven diagnostic and troubleshooting OS and application skills.
- Experience in networking and Active Directory environment.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Experience in mobile device connectivity, configuration and troubleshooting (iOS, Android).
- Demonstrated ability to use and maintain small-scale media production equipment.
- Experience with the support of Adobe, Davinci resolve, pro tools, or other similar professional-level software for graphic design, video production)
- Experienced in support using remote tools
- Experience with Apple Device Enrollment Program or Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Proven experience troubleshooting problems with equipment in a laboratory environment, researching technical issues and working independently.
- Experienced in the creation, deployment and troubleshooting of imaging software
- Desktop virtualization experience, VMWare certification, CISCO certification, WebEx support
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 to 4 while training. Schedule will change to meet semester needs
Closing Date: April 25, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE