Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Department: Graduate Admissions
Division: Enrollment Management
Reports to: Director of Graduate Admissions
Status: Exempt; Full-time
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Associate Director of Graduate Admissions position. The Associate Director (AD) focuses on the admissions process from prospect through enrollment. The candidate should have experience with managing students for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program (MSPAS), Master of Business Administration (MBA), and international graduate students. The individual reports to the Director of Graduate Admissions. The Associate Director will serve as the lead international student specialist responsible for international student recruitment across all graduate programs. Program responsibilities may change from different graduate staff positions dependent upon skills of individual staff members of the graduate team.
- Develop an annual recruitment plan including establishment of goals in conjunction with the VP for Enrollment Management, Director of Graduate Admissions, Deans and Graduate Program Directors. Participate in annual review of tuition, competitive market and evaluation of goals.
- Responsible for assisting Graduate candidates from inquiry through matriculation. These responsibilities include communication, problem-solving, quick response to emails and phone calls, and proactive management of the admissions funnel.
- Plan and conduct on-campus Information Sessions in collaboration with program faculty and staff.
- Utilize established criteria and procedures to assist in the review of applications and relevant documents; make recommendations for actions on candidates for admission; participate as a member of the admission committee as necessary.
- Respond to MSPAS & MBA prospective students regarding specific prerequisite criteria throughout the pre-application and post-application cycle.
- Work closely with program directors, faculty and program staff to develop a clear understanding of the program, prerequisites, admissions criteria, the profession and related trends.
- Plan and attend recruiting events including, but not limited to on and off campus information sessions, open houses, graduate fairs, career fairs, and professional organization events in the Bay Area and northern California.
- Will have specific duties related to communications in conjunction with the Director of Enrollment Communications; and record management and review within the Slate (CRM), the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) system for the MSPAS program, along with the Director of Enrollment Systems.
International Student Responsibilities
- Works with VP of Enrollment Management and Director of Graduate Admissions to develop, plan, and execute international student recruitment strategies.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and policies to ensure compliance with laws and professional guidelines regarding recruitment and admission of international students.
- Communicate specific requirements regarding transcript evaluation and visa process to prospective Graduate students and applicants.
- Serves as the international content expert and collaborates with campus departments such as the Global Education Office, the Registrar, Graduate advising and others to manage the international applicant process.
- Coordinates with the ELS Center to ensure accurate understanding of issues, handling of questions, and review of documents. Also works with ELS agents and Bay Area Centers to facilitate presentations and campus tours/visits.
- Works with Director and Admissions Operations to evaluate and improve international application processes, communications, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3-5 years admissions, higher education, nonprofit or relevant healthcare experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering persuasive presentations.
- Working knowledge of graduate school recruitment and admissions techniques and the factors that influence retention, specifically international recruitment processes and regulations.
- Higher education, marketing, international or related experience.
- Strong time management and organization skills with high attention to detail.
- An understanding of the complex nature of admissions and an ability to problem-solve issues in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned; some travel required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication; marketing knowledge and experience a plus.
- Technology skills including: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, and presentation software.
- Master's Degree in related field
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by April 12, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and a motor vehicle record check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a
1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency