Professor of Practice
Professor of Practice
Biology & Biotechnology Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for delivering/designing education, training and research programs for industry partners at the Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center BETC. In addition, this includes assisting with promoting the center for continuing education and research in the bioscience community.
- Responsible for teaching graduate level courses that may be held at the BETC, corporate partners or online
- Responsible for teaching labs and training workshops
- Responsible for training curriculum development to enhance the portfolio of BETC and WPI offerings in the life sciences
- Work closely with faculty to promote efficient utilization of the BETC on graduate education, training, research
- Represent WPI/BETC at conferences and with industry
- Act as the key WPI/BETC interface to promote life sciences with key constituents (industry, government, academia, associations, etc.)
- Work closely as integral part of BETC, using sales, marketing, development, and operations functions to achieve an efficient and effective business
- Key driver in development of programs for the BETC
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences or related disciplines
- Biomanufacturing/bioprocessing experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with high-performance team
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume/CV and names and contact information of three references.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Professor-of-Practice_R0000316
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency