Digital Communications Associate - Office of Advancement
Digital Communications Associate - Office of Advancement
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Office of Advancement supports the mission of Georgetown University, its faculty, and students by developing relationships with key constituencies, connecting with alumni, and working with donors to help them know and understand opportunities for partnership with the university. The Digital Communications Associate plays a critical role in executing the Office of Advancement's digital channel strategy, which incorporates web, email, and social media outreach to Georgetown's alumni, donors, and supporters. S/he shows enthusiasm about learning and applying digital marketing best practices and is conversant in online content management, digital media platforms, and digital content creation tools. Supporting the content execution for Advancement's digital communications channels overseen by the Director, the Digital Strategy manager, and the two Web & Email Managers on the team, the Digital Communications Associate has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Web Support and Execution
- Supplement web development team efforts by updating content and graphic elements of established web pages/microsites, as assigned.
- Maintain new and existing websites, including monitoring performance and resolving downtime and site slowness.
- Translate marketing or informational content into components for a website, social media posts, or other multimedia platform design.
- Collect data and create reports to facilitate analysis of Advancement's web performance.
Social Media Marketing Support and Execution
- Participate in the development and execution of Advancement's comprehensive social media strategy.
- Implement and maintain dynamic daily presences on institutional digital channels.
- Create and implement special engagement and fundraising campaigns within social media platforms, facilitating usage of available widgets and/or unique application development.
- Collect data and create reports to facilitate analysis of our social media performance.
Email marketing Support and Execution
- Manage broadcast email requests assigned to the communications team; Prioritize requests in consultation with team members and communicate timelines and procedures with requestors.
- Build email jobs, ensuring email quality and copy-editing completion.
- Write data queries (ranging from simple to complex) and ensure the accuracy of recipient lists.
- Schedule and send emails, confirm delivery, and assess abnormal negative delivery rates.
- Support team efforts to enforce best practices, business processes, and governance models.
- Collect data and create reports to facilitate analysis of our email performance.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience working with content management systems (like Drupal or Wordpress), email delivery systems (like Marketing Cloud or MailChimp), and/or campaigns on social media channels (like Facebook Pages, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts)
- Working knowledge and sound judgment around digital marketing best practices
- Strong relationship management skills and proclivity towards collaboration
- Strong attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills
- Interest, experience, and eagerness to learn best practices of modern web design, email and communications strategies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and coordinate between complex tasks and systems
- Demonstrate sound judgment, accuracy, and attention to detail, including when performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment working with multiple partners and audiences
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2115-Wisconsin-Avenue/Digital-Communications-Associate---Office-of-Advancement_JR06248
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency