CTEC Deputy Director
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
CTEC Deputy Director
Posting Number: S01255
Regular, Temporary or Term: Term
If temporary or term, anticipated end date: 06/28/2021
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $70,629
Location: Monterey, CA campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
The position serves as the Deputy Director at the Center on Terrorism, Extremism, and Counterterrorism (CTEC) at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. The position is located in Monterey, California. This is a full-time, limited-term staff position.
The Deputy Director position at the Center on Terrorism, Extremism, and Counterterrorism (CTEC) will be responsible for strategic planning, public outreach, research, publishing, and fundraising.
- Strategy and Planning: In consultation with the CTEC Director, develops the strategy of the Center and takes a leadership role in collaboration with other MIIS Centers, Middlebury College, and other outside partners. Oversees the preparation of the annual budget and other financial documents in consultation with the CTEC Director. Provides information to the Board and leadership of the Middlebury Institute and Middlebury College.
- Management and Direction: Manages CTEC graduate research assistants and any new staff hired on grant-funded projects, hiring and overseeing their work and contributions to the mission of the Center.
- Outreach and Public Relations: Maintains and strengthens institutional ties with officials and experts in government, think tanks, and international institutions. Establishes and oversees the implementation of the speaker series, press briefings, articles, and related activities.
- Research and Publications: Conducts original research and publishes timely work on a broad range of on terrorism, extremism, and counterterrorism issues.
- Fundraising: At direction of the CTEC Director, works closely with foundations and governments to attract and monitor funding in support of the Center's programs and activities.
Master's Degree in Relevant Field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The CTEC Deputy Director will have the following skills to fulfill the above-noted responsibilities:
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of terrorism, extremism, and counterterrorism-related issues, as well as region-specific expertise.
• Demonstrated success in managing research and outreach projects, including fundraising and personnel management.
• Excellent organizational skills and leadership, ability to work within a team under tight and frequent deadlines, motivate staff for project goals, set out and achieve clear research and programmatic objectives.
• Strong research and publication record.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with high-level practitioners and scholars.
Must have at least five years experience at a think-tank or academic research center that focuses on terrorism, violent extremism, or foreign policy.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort, the ability to travel domestically by plane, a driver's license suitable for domestic US driving, and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have an MA?
- Why do you want to work in this position?
- 	Do you have any previous job experience that might be relevant to this position? If yes, please explain.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency