ACCOUNTANT II (TREASURY)
ACCOUNTANT II (TREASURY)
Posting Number: SRGV3837
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To perform professional accounting work in specific assigned area. Responsibilities include the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, applicable guidelines and accounting knowledge and abilities in the preparation of a variety of regular and special financial reports and statements.
Description of Duties:
• Performs specific accounting tasks toward completion.
• Prepares various schedules and statements for the university.
• Performs statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, and the impacts of accounting changes to accounting policies.
• May review and supervise the work of junior level accountants.
• Prepares narrative reports that summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for management.
• Reviews and develops accounting procedures pertaining to area assigned.
• Prepares and maintains financial records, ledgers, statements, and reports pertaining to a wide array of University business affairs.
• Maintains and reconciles state, federal, and University reports.
• Reviews and approves expenditures, monitors University accounts, reconciles receipts and accounts.
• Assists in the preparation of budgets and budget analysis.
• May refer delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
• Maintains liaison with credit agencies/bureaus.
• Keeps up to date with accounting principles and any other federal, state, UT System or applicable accounting changes.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Management or related field from an accredited University.
Two (2) years’ of accounting experience.
The above required experience acquired in Higher Education.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/29/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20921
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency