Mathematics Adjunct Instructor
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000277
Job Title Mathematics Adjunct Instructor
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a Mathematics Adjunct Instructor.
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plan classes and implement and evaluate teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. Adjunct faculty undertake the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide quality instruction in undergraduate Mathematics courses matching the instructor's background, education, and skills base. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Mathematics courses, including, but not limited to, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Elementary Statistics, College Algebra, Business Calculus and Precalculus.
Adjunct faculty members may be required to use certain texts and meet certain parameters set by the Department of Mathematics and Information Sciences. Adjunct instructors will also be required to include in their courses certain student assessment measures determined by the department, and to compile data on those assessment criteria.
The University: As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 2,300 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, begun instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body.
For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at http://untdallas.edu.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
- A Master's degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate hours in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Ph.D/Ed.D in Math Education which includes 18 graduate hours in Mathematics or Ph.D in Mathematics with significant experience in Education.
- Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution.
- Successful career in public education.
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application outlining applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Richard Chandler at [email protected] Statement of teaching philosophy and teaching interest may also be requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have either a Master's Degree in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses OR a Master's degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate hours in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript