PROJECT MANAGER/BUSINESS ANALYST
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy ID S2359 Job Title PROJECT MANAGER/BUSINESS ANALYST Department Engagement and Client Technologies School/Parent Organization Information Technology Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 11/26/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.20 Normal Start Time 08:30 Normal End Time 17:00 Position/Job Summary
The Project Manager / Business Analyst position is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, risk management and completion of multiple projects simultaneously and the overall management of the Information Technology Project portfolio. This will be achieved through collaboration with business and technical staff to gather and translate business requirements into technical definitions which will be used for implementing a solution that aligns with the College’s overall strategic objectives. In addition, this position will perform system, application and data analysis and solution research that where appropriate will result in opportunities to increase efficiencies and enhance the environment across functional boundaries.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Lead projects and cross-functional project teams to ensure projects are conceived, designed, planned, tested and executed effectively. This will include tracking, managing and efficiently communicating projects throughout their life cycle while managing risk to ensure that project objectives are met within time, budget, and quality targets.
2. Collaborate with business and technical staff to clarify and document project requirements and objectives, acquire resources, manage third party contractors and control project scope. Assist in the collection and documentation of project objectives, manage stakeholder and project team member expectations and where appropriate identify opportunities that may cross functional and technical boundaries.
3. Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and reporting. Working with Information Technology staff to ensure that application security meets the business needs and security requirements. Document the business and technical requirements in a consistent manner along with obtaining sign off from business areas. As appropriate, review and suggest business process improvements as part of the project implementation.
4. Work with the Director for Engagement and Client Technologies to implement project management and business analysis best practices, standards, processes and tools within the Information Technology department. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of project management and business analysis methodologies and tools and make recommendations for improvements. Maintain awareness of new and emerging project management and business analysis technologies and their potential application to client projects and requirements.
5. Working with stakeholders, IT management, and Ithaca College legal counsel, review IT related vendor contracts to ensure they accurately reflect project scope and seek optimal value in vendor service to include ROI metrics, performance monitoring, favorable termination criteria, and renewal / annual monetary terms.
6. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.Position/Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in business or Information Technology and a minimum of two years of project management and business analysis experience with projects of various sizes and complexity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience; solid understanding of project management and business analysis skills, tools, techniques, and formal project methodologies; thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements; demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills focusing on consensus building, facilitating collaboration between IT, the business units and the vendors, conflict management and change management, ability to effectively work and interact professionally within a diverse and inclusive environment; ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of managers and subject matter experts and the proven capacity to function independently and as part of a service oriented team are required. PMI-PMP, CCBA, PMI-PBA or other related certification, and experience working in a higher education environment are preferred.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range $60,000 - $75,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes Quick Link http://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/14881 Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).