Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Summer Lifeguards Department Conferences Services Position Summary
Gettysburg College is currently seeking several lifeguards to work approximately 15-30 hrs/wk during the summer months in the Athletics Department. Positions generally work 10AM to 3PM, Monday through Friday. Some nights and weekend work is also available.Qualifications
Previous experience required. Must be Lifeguard and First Aid certified (American Red Cross preferred) as well as CPR/AED certified (American Red Cross preferred).
Gettysburg College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Open Until Filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.Posting Number 20100066C EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)