Assistant Dean for Administration and Finance
DescriptionPerimeter College was founded in 1964 as DeKalb College, a two-year college in Clarkston governed by the DeKalb County Board of Education. The institution grew, opening additional campuses in the county before becoming part of the University System of Georgia in 1986. The college continued to expand and, in 1998, changed its name to Georgia Perimeter College to reflect its broad footprint in the metro Atlanta area. In 2015, the Board of Regents announced plans to consolidate Georgia Perimeter College with Georgia State University, a diverse, multi-campus urban research university in metropolitan Atlanta. The move was approved in January 2016 and Georgia Perimeter College became Perimeter College, the ninth college within Georgia State University. The consolidation created the largest university in Georgia and one of the largest in the nation. The college is the major provider of associate degrees and student transfer opportunities in Georgia and a gateway to higher education, easing students’ entry into college-level study. Lastly, Perimeter College’s impact does not end at its campuses’ borders. Students, faculty and staff participate in volunteer and service-learning programs benefiting their surrounding communities.
Perimeter College is seeking to hire a multi-faceted and talented Assistant Dean. Administration & Finance who will work collaboratively with the Dean, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs and Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs to enhance operational efficiency and the college's profile. The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties but is not limited to the following,
- Work collectively with the university's enrollment management, student success, public relations and marketing communications to ensure program growth in the recruitment and retention of Perimeter College students.
- Responsible for the management of information technology support for Perimeter College including network management, desktop support, computer lab support and web services. This unit works in conjunction with central IIT in the support of faculty, staff and classrooms across the 5 campuses where Perimeter College offers classes.
- Responsible for the management of all faculty, staff, and temporary/ student Human Resources matters and payroll functions. Functions included in Human Resources operations are faculty/staff recruitment, promotion and tenure, faculty contracts, and renewal or non-renewals, staff performance management and payroll administration.
- Responsible for the execution of facilities projects involving space planning, construction, renovation, and moves across the 5 campuses where Perimeter College offers classes.
- Responsible for the development and administration of policies and procedures for Perimeter College pertaining to finance, grant administration, human resources, technology and operations, and public safety. Key to this role is serving as the college liaison with central university units to ensure Perimeter College processes are in accordance with state, federal, and GSU regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Promote the advancement and growth of sponsored programs by collaborating with campus leadership, faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to increase external support for key College initiatives.
- Overall responsibility of financial operations for Perimeter College including the direction for and implementation of annual operating budgets including state appropriations, continuing education, departmental sales and services, indirect costs and residual funds.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in Business or Finance and seven years of related experience. Master's degree of Business Administration or Master of Science in a related field is preferred.
College/Business Unit04/08/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Perimeter College
Location: Decatur Campus
Job Posting: 03/29/19, 3:47:31 PM