Chief Information Officer
Job DetailsPosition Information Posting Number18190028EXJob TitleChief Information OfficerType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentVP for Finance and Admin ServicesSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for the University-wide leadership, vision and strategic planning for all information services, resources and technology. The CIO directs all University administrative information solutions and technology infrastructure systems ensuring the efficient use of human and financial resources in support of the University’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
• Provides leadership to the University community in all technology and information related solutions and services.
• Directs University-wide information services, resources, and technology: coordinates the evaluation and implementation of new information technology and recommends campus-wide policies for information and technology.
• Through the Information Systems (IS) Directors, manages the following IS functions: service management, technology support services, business and student information solutions, network and telecommunications services, security and email, systems administration, and academic application solutions.
• Manages IS resources: prepares annual and project budgets, prepares and maintains a five year technology plan, allocates human and financial resources, approves and coordinates IS priorities, and analyzes and resolves problems. Ensures projects remain on scheduled timelines and are completed.
• Leads the University’s Technology Governance Process and chairs the Information Technology Advisory Board.
• Reports to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services (VPFAS) and works closely with the Directors and Managers within the Finance and Administrative Services area as well as other academic and administrative department heads.
• Responsible for staffing including hiring, training, supervising and evaluating directors; establishes goals and policies; communicates effectively and in a timely manner with IS staff, university divisions and departments; represents the IS division to the university administration, campus community, and outside organizations; and serves on university committees as assigned or appointed.
• Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position; is a positive influence for the effective use of technology for administrative and academic uses; and provides or coordinates process reengineering and software training services as appropriate.
• Contributes to a team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; and assists others to accomplish related job results as needed.
• Represents MSU at state and national technology meetings.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned by the VPFAS.
• A Master’s degree is required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• At least five years’ experience in the application of information resources and technologies.
• Strong understanding and vision of the role information resources and technologies have in support of academic and administrative programs.
• Must exhibit a “customer first” (students, faculty, and staff) orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions.
• Proven ability to identify and adapt quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student, faculty, and staff needs and expectations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated success in the management of related personnel and budgets.
• Led and managed successful IT efforts within a higher education setting.
• A deep understanding of the culture at and the information technology solutions which support successful higher education institutions.
• Experience with development and implementation of services that support a strong online academic component such as service desk support, administrative application support, and policy considerations.
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• List of contact information for at least 3 professional references
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by April 22, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Other Document