Director of Operations Communications
Director of Operations Communications
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
As a dual report in the Office of the Senior Vice President (SVP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Office of Strategic Communications, the Director of Operations Communications provides leadership and strategic direction for the SVP/COO at Georgetown University. The SVP/COO's portfolio includes Emergency Management, Financial Affairs, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Investments, Planning and Facilities, and University Information Services. S/he conducts comprehensive reviews of major initiatives and develops and implements communications, presentations, programs and events that support the mission, strategic goals and objectives of the office. The Director of Operations Communications has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Prepares all communication materials for the Office of the SVP/COO, including talking points, PowerPoint presentations , and briefings.
- Develops, edits, and executes Daily Newsletter roundup for students, faculty, and staff.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements communications strategy on all SVP/COO strategic issues management with an ability to maintain an effective balance between broad university and SVP/COO objectives and the needs of specific departments.
- Serves as a member of the Office of Strategic Communications and helps communications colleagues around the University, developing strategy and internal narratives.
Planning and Emergency Management
- Identifies communication opportunities for the SVP/COO, planning all forums/events and/or other approaches for promoting unit goals and objectives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of SVP/COO-related communications plans, tools and tactics including multimedia, website and social media strategy and development.
- Plays a role in emergency communications procedures.
- Manages non-academic websites and ensures websites are up-to-date.
- Prepares PowerPoint and other materials for SVP/COO presentations and the daily internal communications newsletter.
- Serves as a producer for Georgetown's In-House Creative Services Agency, helping to coordinate production of videos (including securing subjects and locations) and billing internal clients.
- Writes high-level narratives of University initiatives and web copy.
- Strategically coordinates and integrates communications - including change management communications and public relations across SVP/COO units to create consistent, effective messaging.
- Builds credible relationships with leaders of the operating units to coordinate messaging and timelines for University-wide and/or related University initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years project management, communications, web development, executive writing or consulting experience - preferably within business and/or a fiscal environment
- Willingness and ability to prepare executive communications, including PowerPoint presentations and speeches/talking points
- Experience building out robust communications plans with change management
- Significant experience leading organizational change/projects in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to articulate vision, opportunities, and key information to executive leaders, the Board, the University community and the public
- Ability to organize/lead projects requiring integration of efforts across colleagues, university entities and external vendors/partners
- Ability to edit communications and web content to ensure accuracy and clarity
- High level of initiative and motivation with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, website maintenance and data manipulation
- Experience in an academic/higher education environment a plus but not required
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director-of-Operations-Communications_JR06211
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency