Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201903069001 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $69,000 - $135,900 Position Information The Information Security Analyst's primary responsibilities involve monitoring, detecting, protecting and maintaining the security of data, systems and networks. He/she will plan, configure, design, develop, implement and maintain tools, systems and procedures to ensure the integrity, reliability and security of data, systems and networks. Please note: The budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $99,900. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Demonstrated experience managing Unix and Linux systems. Required Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and Python. Preferred Demonstrated experience managing Windows systems. Preferred Experience with security information and event monitoring (SIEM) tools. Preferred Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc. Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required Occassional travel for university related business meetings, conferences and/or professional development. Required
Minimum Requirements Basic skill at reading and interpreting security logs.
Experience using IT security systems and tools. Knowledge of data encryption techniques. Experience analyzing logs for security breaches.
Ability to follow department processes and procedures.
Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network security issues and approaches.
Knowledge of other areas of IT, department processes and procedures.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Demonstrated experience selecting and applying appropriate data encryption technologies.
Demonstrated skills applying security controls to computer software and hardware.
Demonstrated skill at administering complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
Experience in incident response and digital forensics including data collection, examination and analysis.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position