Adjunct Instructor - Clinical Nursing
Position SummaryWestern Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are seeking energetic candidates, passionate about helping others learn and dedicated to serving students, to teach Clinical Nursing part-time in our Health & Public Safety division. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Summary of Position:
Instructors are responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered to prepare students for the workplace and/or a pathway to further education. Clinical instructors play a vital role in the education of our students. The responsibilities of Clinical Instructors who work with our ADN students include:
- Supervising care provided by a group of students (usually 6 to 8 students in a group) while they complete their clinical rotation in a specialty area.
- Coordinating with clinicians at the clinical site to make student patient assignments.
- Teaching students how to perform duties (passing medications, completing assessments) in the clinical site and answering their questions.
- Evaluating your students' clinical work.
- Deliver courses in multiple modes of delivery including modern classroom (F2F), interactive distance learning (IDL), online or hybrid/blended, and on-site training for external customers where applicable
- Develop and deliver instructional design activities
- Address and refer student concerns
- Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
- Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
- Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
- Provide input and/or maintain division accreditation and student records
- Responsible for instructional learning activities
- Provide academic referrals as appropriate
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- Must hold or eligible to hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of WI
- Please note continued employment will require completion of MSN.
- Must have 2 years (4,000 hours) Clinical Nursing experience, 1 year (2,000 hours) in the last five years.
This position reports to: Associate Dean - Nursing
Starting salary range based on education and experience: $37-$43/hour
Applicant review will begin: April 1, 2019
Start Date of: Summer 2019
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.