Adjunct Automotive Technology Instructor - POOL - Modesto Junior College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Automotive Technology Instructor - POOL - Modesto Junior CollegeSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $48.23 to $86.17
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation, not eligible for District paid benefit programs.Position Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the discipline Division Dean, will teach Automotive Technology courses in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules (lecture and laboratory instruction); evaluate progress of student; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.Desirable Qualifications
Experience teaching Automotive Technology at the community college level.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Teach lower division college courses in Automotive Technology; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace. Adjunct instructors may be assigned to teach any of the ASE coursework such as AUTEC 211, 311, and 317: Auto Heating & Air Conditioning; AUTEC 319: A8 – Engine Performance; AUTEC 369: A6- Automotive Electricity 2.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at: https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/employmentopportunities/
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Please note: The District does not integrate with the third party service of Interfolio; therefore, reference letters must be submitted along with the application documents required.
EQUIVALENCY: District has adopted equivalency procedures which enables applications by individuals not possessing qualifications listed above. For more information on equivalency, go to https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
Choose: Equivalency Policy and Procedures. When requesting equivalency, attach a completed “Determination of Equivalency” form along with the equivalency application documents required.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications.
Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by email or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
TRANSCRIPTS: At the time an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts. Instructors with advanced degrees and coursework shall be placed on the appropriate salary column and step up to step 10. Initial salary placement will be at the first column/step until official transcripts have been submitted to Human Resources and placement processed.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date07/17/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD?Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s, their position title and the department they are employed.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses