Part-Time Art History Instructor (Pool)
Requisition DetailsPosition Information Position TitlePart-Time Art History Instructor (Pool)Position IDCampusMission College Position Summary Information Definition
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CASalary and Benefits
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $25,815-$30,661 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.Minimum Qualifications
1.Education – Possess any one of the following:
- Master’s in art history, history of art and architecture or visual culture/visual studies; OR
- Bachelor’s in art history and master’s in history; OR
- Master’s in art with a recorded emphasis or concentration in art history
- A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.Desired Qualifications
- Classroom experience teaching Art History at the college level
- Ability to teach one or more of the following:
- Western Art – Prehistoric to Medieval
- Western Art – Renaissance to Modern
- Asian Art
- Art Appreciation
- Modern 20th Century Art
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation, in-class activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class (scheduling time beyond normal office hours if necessary), ensuring regular effective student contact for Distance Education courses, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught and other efforts related to the teaching of the assigned classes, and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
- Maintain accurate class and other records.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, rosters, class and office schedules.
- File a syllabus for each course with the appropriate division offices.
- Post and maintain office hours each week.
- Provide each student with a current course syllabus as required by Title 5, which includes SLOs, classroom procedures, requirements and grading policies and provide a copy to the Division Office.
- Refer students to appropriate college resources.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Assume institutional responsibilities, essential to the ongoing operation and effective achievement of department, division, college and district programs.
- Interested applicants must submit online all materials requested, including: (1) A completed online West Valley-Mission Community College District application; (2) Resume; (3) Unofficial copies of transcripts; (4) District Equivalency Application, if applicable; and (5) Any requested licenses or certificates, if applicable.
- All sections of the online application, including Education and Educational Work History, must be completed thoroughly.
- Supervisor(s) name(s) and telephone numbers must be included in the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Do NOT send unrequested materials. Unrequested materials will be removed from your application and will not be used for consideration of employment.
- The employment application and supporting documents represent you; it is to your advantage to fill out the application form carefully and completely.
- If a minimum requirement is possession of a degree, then a copy of transcripts is required to be included with your application to verify the degree being awarded. If no transcripts are included, the application may be screened as not meeting minimum requirements.
- Degrees must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
- Candidates with degrees earned outside of the United States must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with this online application.
- If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at an office supply or copy store, then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application.
- Copies of diplomas, grade reports, graduation petitions, transcript evaluations requests, or similar documents WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Applicants applying under equivalency bear the responsibility of submitting the District’s Equivalency Application form with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) that they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications for this position. Application(s) for equivalency are required if degrees are not in exact discipline required.
The Equivalency Application is included in the online application as an OPTIONAL form to complete.
- ONLY complete the Request for Equivalency application if degree does not match discipline(s) stated in the Minimum Qualifications.
- List accurately and completely the courses taken that match requirements of the required degree.
- Do NOT attach documents such as course evaluations.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Attn: Recruitment
14000 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070
Phone: (408) 741-2653 Fax: (408) 867-9059
Email: [email protected]
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
- Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
- Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Applications will remain in our online system for 1 year. Each year, part-time pools will be refreshed and applicants will be notified of the opportunity to re-submit application.
- Application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned or duplicated.
- The District reserves the right to contact former, current, the most recent employers, and others to investigate past employment records of applicants.
- Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ a diverse workforce who will contribute to an inclusive and welcoming educational and employment environment. The District is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, ancestry, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, military or veteran status, and medical condition consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Additional Transcripts
- Additional Supporting Documentation
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2