Enrollment Services Coordinator - Bilingual
Working Hours: Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour period (between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 pm) Monday through Friday exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and the employee at the onset of employment.
Note: In this position, the employee will be required to work one evening per week. This position may require additional evening and/or weekend work with the employee having the option of working this time in addition to, or in lieu of regular hours.
Summary: Enrollment services coordinators are the first college representatives that prospective students meet. ESCs provide a general introduction to the college and facilitate the enrollment of a new student for both credit and non-credit programs. This process may take place in a single day or over a period of months. ESCs will help the student complete the college application, help the student identify the appropriate major to meet their goal, begin the financial aid application process, and refer to appropriate campus resources as necessary. Additionally, ESCs will interpret the SAT and college transcripts to determine appropriate placement testing and assist students with the registration process. Enrollment services coordinators streamline the student’s transition to the College by providing these services upfront with the goal of having a better prepared student entering the first semester at RACC.
The ESC will be expected to function as a contributing member of an overall team. It is expected that bilingual language abilities will be utilized to support all recruitment and admissions efforts. Success in this position requires a high level of self-motivation, an embrace of challenging goals, and the ability to develop effective relationships with a wide variety of constituencies, including prospective students, their families, and community members. This position requires excellent customer services skill sets, a positive attitude as well as a bias for a high level of activity.
This position will provide admissions advising in the Welcome Center and will be assigned a pool of prospective students to outreach and assist through the enrollment process. In addition, the Bilingual ESC will help with oversight of the Ambassador Program and assist the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services with admissions event planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the implementation of the enrollment strategies as defined in the strategic enrollment management plan.
- Serve as a bilingual resource for the department for Spanish/English interpretation and translation.
- Conduct information sessions with prospective students to provide general information about the college and its programs (both credit and non-credit) and services including financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Assist students with the college application process.
- Evaluate college transcripts and SAT/AP scores during the admissions process to determine appropriate next steps in the enrollment process.
- Facilitate workshops to prospective students during on-campus visits. Assist with recruitment events for students including Open Enrollment Days, Open House events and outreach activities to ESL, GED, and Career Programs.
- Maintain a solid understanding of college programs and its services and policies and procedures. Refer students to appropriate campus resources as required.
- Conduct individual and group interviews with prospective students to provide general information about the college and its programs (both credit and non-credit) and services including financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Assist students with the college application process.
- Serve as the main point of contact for International Student Admissions. This includes maintaining a full understanding of government rule and regulations regarding the enrollment of international students.
- Utilize administrative software (i.e. Colleague, Web Advisor, Doc Star, etc.) to provide advisement to students.
- Conduct call projects and facilitate the enrollment of students. Review transfer course approval form, transcripts, and other documents to appropriately advise the student and assist in the registration process.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of the Enrollment Services area and the college at large. Occasionally serve on division and/or college committees as may be required by position.
- Assist with the hiring, scheduling, and training of the Ravens Ambassadors.
- Assist with event planning and coordination as directed by the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services. This includes fostering relationships with community partners, organizing event logistics, and working with other stakeholders at the college to deliver interdisciplinary and engaging events.
- Participate in cross-training activities as needed. May be required to attend professional development activities as it relates to essential job responsibilities.
- Conduct him/herself in a professional manner and exhibit a positive image for Reading Area Community College. Provide excellent customer services at all times which includes, but is not limited to: exhibiting a positive, friendly demeanor, building rapport through greeting individuals who enter the Center and listening carefully to assess need, and following up on commitments in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two years of experience with demonstrated success in customer focused sales, marketing, telemarketing or higher education admissions/recruitment, or commensurate experience in mentoring, leading or partnering with community organizations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Marketing
- Experience in college admissions and recruitment
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively via telephone, e-mail, face to face, or using other media.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exemplary customer service to a diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to set and obtain short and long term goals with measureable results.
- Strong persuasive ability related to the value of post-secondary training and/or degree pursuit.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other ERP software a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Position requires occasional local travel; employee must have access to ready transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and public speaking skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with people. Excellent one-on-one and group presentation skills. Excellent written communication skills especially in the areas of report writing and business correspondence. Knowledge of the Community College and Higher Education system.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Enrollment Services Coordinator - Bilingual
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly