ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING
The College of Arts and Sciences at North Park University seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track position in the Department of Physics and Engineering at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in August 2019. Spurred by growth in the new Mechanical Engineering program launched in 2017, the department is seeking a candidate who will contribute to the development of the program as it seeks ABET accreditation.
The successful candidate will teach 24 semester hours per year in engineering or general physics based on their qualifications and needs of the department. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring undergraduate students, implementation of a scholarly agenda, and participation in university-wide service. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Commitment to undergraduate education that focuses on relationships with industry.
- Evidence of a professional practice of engineering.
- Possess a clear understanding of and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience in the areas of product design, mechanics, fluid mechanics, or controls.
- Experience using machine shop tools in teaching will be an advantage.
- Active participation in industry organizations.
Effective Date: August 2019 (Nine-month position)
In order to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 3 letters of recommendation, and statement of teaching philosophy to:
Dr. George Quainoo, Ph.D. – Search Chair
North Park University
3225 W. Foster Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with full consideration given to those who apply by March 1st.
About North Park:
Founded in 1891, North Park University is a Christian university of over 3,200 students from around the country and world. The institution is owned by the Evangelical Covenant Church and seeks applicants for employment with a personal commitment to ethnic diversity, the city, and our mission of Christian higher education. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage underrepresented groups to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly