Dean (III) of Student Services
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Dean (III) of Student Services Location Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College) Department Location Student Services Posting Number AE00196P The Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The college and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the FLC’s main campus.
FLC’s main campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world class facility.
FLC provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our college awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer which guarantees transfer into California State Universities, and numerous private and non-profit 4-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice & Equity
FLC believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Services and in collaboration with the Dean of Student Success, the Dean of Student Services facilitates and promotes effective student development, success and learning through the management of strong support services, programs, activities and performance outcome measures.Assignment Responsibilities
Typical Duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Functioning as the first line administrator in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating of student support services and activities as they relate to student outcomes: admissions, records, registration; student life programs; special needs programs and services: Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSP&S), Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOP&S), CalWORKs, Veterans; financial aid; health and wellness; outreach; etc.
● Coordinating, developing, and implementing support services that meet student needs, enhance student engagement, and developing/implementing strategies for student success and achievement of student outcomes.
● Recommending selection of candidates for certificated and classified positions.
● Assisting in the training and evaluation of assigned personnel.
● Coordinating with the Vice President of Student Services, Dean of Student Success, and Instructional colleagues, an array of supportive programs and services for targeted populations.
● Working collaboratively with the student equity officer to ensure ongoing implementation of student equity activities as outlined in the Student Equity Plan.
● Ensuring and maintaining accurate budget records, tracking program funding allocations and expenditures to ensure compliance with legal mandates, and maintaining appropriate records for responsible programs including MIS data.
● Collecting and analyzing data, reports, and presentations that support college accreditation, student services research and goals.
● Ensuring accountability of student services categorical programs and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, and district and college policies and procedures.
● Maintaining current knowledge and information of legislation and regulations affecting community college student success and supporting student equity programs.
● Developing and maintaining effective relationships with the Deans and other staff and working collaboratively with district staff.
● Developing a positive environment that supports teamwork and innovation.
● Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
● Preparing and submitting required reports for the area.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
Assigned Areas may include, but are not limited to:
● Admissions and Records
● Financial Aid
● Health and Wellness
● Special Population Programs (such as CalWORKs, EOP&S/CARE, DSP&S, and Veterans Services)
Administrative and Supervisory Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
●Developing and implementing the Student Success and Support Program Plan and associated activities and sharing responsibility in the development and implementation of programs and services contained in the Student Equity Plan.
● Serving as the college student grievance officer or college student discipline officer and playing an active role in addressing student related issues on various committees.
● Managing the development and assessment of student learning outcomes, as well as the completion of program reviews for assigned areas.
● Providing general supervision of the operations of the area, along with the coordination of activities and the supervision and evaluation of the faculty and staff of the area.
● Budgeting all assigned areas.
As the college grows, these responsibilities may be expanded to include other areas associated with student services programs and activities.Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution complete by May 31, 2019.
2. Have one year formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at www.losrios.edu; select “Job Openings”, then “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges”.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical Demands Salary $131,327 per year LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university. Posting Detail Information Posting Date 03/22/2019 Closing Date 04/22/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about May 31, 2019.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $250. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10969 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5