Part-Time Instructional Media Specialist
Posting Number: :
0000858Job Title: :
Part-Time Instructional Media SpecialistPosition Status: :
$16.37 per hourClassification: :
Information Technology (IT)Job Summary/Basic Function: :
Duties are focused on instructional technology support such as telepresence equipment, web conferencing software, media installation, video classroom support, maintenance and support for integrated “smart classrooms”, studio classrooms, conference rooms, and general-purpose computer lab for students. Provide support for campus setup and events as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide on-going research and evaluation of audiovisual and classroom technology.
- Integrate and maintain audiovisual, computer, and technology equipment in “smart” classrooms and labs.
- Provide technical assistance for the use of instructional technology by students, faculty, and staff.
- Troubleshoot simple software, hardware, and network issues.
- Maintain inventory and maintenance records for all media/technology equipment.
- Consult and assist with special events and high-level technology projects.
- Install, set up, operate, and troubleshoot all audio and video systems, telepresence equipment, and web conferencing software.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- All registration times are considered peak times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with the part-time position. The work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours/week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- At least two (2) years of related work experience
- Must be able to set up, operate, and troubleshoot telecommunication, multi-media, and/or audiovisual equipment for classes, events, and meetings. This equipment includes microphones, speakers, and related sound equipment, video cameras and recorders, computer hardware and software, projectors, telepresence equipment, and web conferencing software.
- Knowledge of digital media formats
- Ability to instruct others in the use of this equipment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage work assignments in an efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to carry, push, and/or pull objects or loads of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Associate’s (or higher) degree
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
02/21/2019Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.