Executive Director of Diversity and Equity Compliance
Position Title:Executive Director of Diversity and Equity Compliance Job Category:Staff Department:Diversity and Equity Compliance - 7010560 Division:President Required Documents:Cover Letter, Other, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Executive Director of Diversity and Equity Compliance is responsible for implementation and administration of Diversity, Institutional Equity and Title IX for the institution. Additionally, the position is responsible for coordination among departments in compliance with EEO and Title IX in various areas covered by the regulations. Reporting directly to the President, this position oversees the Diversity Program/EEO for the college campus, including but not limited to, development of Diversity, Institutional Equity and Title IX policies and procedures, monitoring of EEO and Title IX policy updates and required modifications, management of EEO and Title IX investigations, complaints, and processes pursuant to state, federal, and local laws.
- Oversight, development and management of Diversity, EEO/Discrimination, Institutional Equity and Title IX programs. Serves as the Chief Diversity Officer for the college.
- Direct and manage EEO inquiries and complaints process for students, faculty, staff, administrators and third parties regarding rights and responsibilities concerning EEO, harassing or other discriminatory behaviors and violations of Title IX.
- Partner with Human Resources for the preparation and dissemination of educational materials regarding discrimination and sexual harassment prevention, and Title IX materials that inform members of the campus community of Diversity, EEO/Discrimination and Title IX rights and responsibilities.
- Develop and implement case management and investigation plans for Diversity, EEO and Title IX complaints. Collaborate with other campus offices, as needed, to coordinate and execute in a timely manner the institution’s response and investigation of EEO and Title IX complaints.
- Manage and oversee the Diversity, Institutional Equity and Title IX team members. Leadership duties include, but are not limited to: hiring, training, evaluating and directing team members.
- Conduct investigations. Train and oversee appropriate designated members of the organization to assist in conducting investigations.
- Develop comprehensive reports of investigation with findings and make recommendations regarding resolutions.
- Monitor and manage EEO, Discrimination and Title IX incidents to ensure a timely, efficient, equitable and effective response to complaints.
- Review and ensure the institutions policies, procedures, protocols and practices are in compliance with state, federal, and local laws and Title IX regulations.
- Serve as institution expert on EEO and Title IX requirements and provide consultation to senior team and administrative officers as necessary.
- Remain knowledgeable of current state and federal law/regulations and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate EEO and Title IX guidelines.
- Assist the campus legal team with a broad range of legal or other administrative matters, where necessary.
- Partner with and advise Human Resources in development of annual affirmative action plans and monitoring of compliance efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- JD or equivalent from an accredited law school required.
- Work experience in higher education required.
- GA Bar membership required.
- Minimum of 3 (or more) years of legal experience required.
- Experience conducting EEO and Title IX investigations required.
- Experience preparing communications for Executive level officials, including but not limited to the President, Vice President, and other cabinet level officials required.
- Experience serving on investigation panels with varying members of an organization required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state, federal, local EEO/Discrimination laws, Title IX and other applicable laws and regulations required.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt Special Instructions to Applicant:Please use the "Other" document to upload your State Bar of Georgia membership.