Nursing Faculty, Visiting Lecturer
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Nursing Department at Community College of Philadelphia invites applications for a visiting lecturer nurse educator position in our ACEN accredited associate degree nursing program for the Fall 2019 semester. The nursing program is also a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education.
• Teach classroom, skills laboratory, seminar and clinical experiences to a diverse student population in an integrated curriculum.
• Must be able to navigate electronic learning platforms.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepare and submit required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintain and disseminate current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Provide feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Applicants must have a masters' degree in nursing,
• Current, unencumbered, RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
• Current (within the last 2 years) adult medical-surgical nursing experience is required.
• Teaching experience at the college level.
• Include any related work experience in the field, professional licensure and certifications, or other demonstrated competencies required for effective teaching and student learning outcomes).
• Experience in maternal child and pediatrics.
• Previous teaching experience.