Applied Science and Engineering Technology Faculty, Adjunct Faculty Pool
Posting DetailsPosition TitleApplied Science and Engineering Technology Faculty, Adjunct Faculty PoolRequisition NumberFAC00294General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Applied Science and Engineering Technology (ASET) program, administered by the Physics Department, teaches students how to solve problems, work in a team and use knowledge in natural science studies such as biology, chemistry and physics. This program leads to an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree and prepares students for employment in a range of scientific technology occupations while also providing a foundation for transfer to four-year technology programs. The flexible design of the program allows students to choose from a range of scientific technology fields, including biomedical equipment technology, engineering technology and process technology, among others.
The Department of Physics and ASET program invites applications for part-time faculty positions available for the 2019/2020 calendar year. Applications will remain on file until December 31, 2020.Specific Responsibilities
• The Applied Science and Engineering Technology (ASET) program is looking for individuals who have applicable industry experience to teach two new courses. One is a 3-D printing/additive manufacturing course and the other is an introductory nanotechnology course. Course content is already developed. Both courses have an accompanying laboratory component. It is possible to have separate lecture and lab instructors.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepare and submit required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintain and disseminate current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to further the goals and objectives of the College and the program.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Provide feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or Physics in addition to work experience related to the courses.
• Individuals with professional licensure, certification or industrial experience in additive manufacturing or nanotechnology with at least an Associate’s degree may also apply.Preferred Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years industry related experience in 3-D printing, additive manufacturing, and/or nanotechnology projects.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or Physics
• Teaching experience at the college level or at professional development seminarsWork LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or Physics in addition to work experience related to the courses?ORProfessional licensure, certification or industrial experience in Additive Manufacturing or Nanotechnology with at least an Associate’s degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of 5 years industry related experience in 3-D printing, additive manufacturing, and/or nanotechnology projects?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or Physics?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the college level or at professional development seminars?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)