Office Assistant 3 - Admissions
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Office Assistant 3
Under general supervision, provide comprehensive clerical support to the Admissions department to include customer service, office supply ordering, student record data entry and answering the main office phone line. The Office Assistant 3 is the first point of contact for the EWU Admissions office and will respond to inquiries using their knowledge of office/department policies and procedures. This position will also supervise student staff who provide customer service.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
Position Specific Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience working with various calendaring programs, internet browsers and email/instant messenger systems;
- Ability to locate and accurately enter information in a database or information system; proficient user of a laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Strong supervision and scheduling skills, including the ability to act as a resource for the student front desk staff;
- Two years of increasingly responsible office experience; and
- Due to the nature of position, the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree;
- Work experience in higher education;
- Demonstrated knowledge about Eastern Washington University and its programs;
- Demonstrated experience working with Banner or a similar student information system (SIS); and
- Bilingual ability.
Other Skills and Abilities:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under the direction of the Associate Director of Data Management and Reporting Analytics with additional input from the Director of Recruitment;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to compose professional correspondence with short notice and tight response timelines;
- Strong organizational skills, including accurate proofreading and editing abilities;
- The ability to prioritize and complete information requests and front desk projects;
- The ability to locate information in the student information system (SIS) and in the customer relationship manager (CRM) system;
- The ability to maintain attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality in a complex work environment;
- The ability to work well with diverse personalities; and
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, to de-escalate and resolve customer complaints, and to manage multiple deadlines and work assignments.