Online Academic Advisor
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-22
The Online Academic Advisor will serve our undergraduate and graduate students in mainly online and some campus based modalities. The Academic Advisor is responsible for fostering student engagement, engaging in the promotion of support services in areas including but not limited to: academic support, new student orientations, problem-solving student issues, advising students, staff, adjunct faculty and administrators; regarding educational requirements focusing on procedural engagement. The incumbent is responsible for adhering to all internal, Federal, and Department of Education policies and procedures including FERPA.
This position is located in Pasadena, California. The Academic Advisor reports directly to the Dean of Students.
- Supports all professional academic colleges, PO and TCS ES as needed to assure student and faculty communication and follow-through regarding administration of advising services including registration, evaluation of program requirements, incomplete grades, student class activity, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and overall degree progress.
- Interprets program procedures, policies, goals and objectives. Counsels and confers with students providing technical guidance and problem resolution.
- Counsels and confers with students providing program procedures, policies, goals/objectives, technical guidance and problem resolution. Directs students to appropriate Faculty Advisor and/or Academic Dean for further program guidance.
- Coordinates and administers student support to new and enrolled students, such as course registration, graduation processing, petitioning, withdrawals, program documentation, student learning accounts, information sessions, receptions, and student orientations.
- Manages all student issues and provides institutional policy driven resolutions in a timely and well executed fashion
- Initiates, develops and sustains strong positive relations with Academic Deans, Faculty Advisors, Program Managers, Vice President of Academic Affairs, and department leads to ensure achievement of institutional goals and objectives relative to department success
- In collaboration with inter-departmental staff/faculty, assists in the development and implementation of goals and objectives, strategies, learning assessments, and the evaluation of student driven resources
- Assists with annual commencement activities, new student orientations, enrollment recruitment events and other related events
- Monitoring assigned student academic progress and intervening as needed with students in academic difficulty
- Assessing students’ academic and non-academic characteristics in order to construct an academic success plan that incorporates:support, advisement, enrichment activities, as well strategies to address personal, social, career, and financial well-being
- Providing advisement support including but not limited to, course/program content, registration assistance, evaluation of program requirements, incomplete grades, student class activity, satisfactory academic progress, soft skills training, and overall degree progress
- Advising at-risk student populations through work/life balance, time management, and other circumstances to ensure successful degree program matriculation
- Collaborating inter-departmentally with Academic Affairs, Office of the Registrar, Student Finance, and Admissions to ensure that students receive timely information, support, and guidance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.