Associate Director of Community Relations
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Community Relations, the Associate Director of Community Relations is responsible for increasing awareness and interest in campus programs through relationship-building and creative marketing strategies. The primary goal of this position is to lead and participate alongside a team of outside recruiters charged with establishing and nurturing meaningful, long-term relationships with high school educators, military personnel, community colleges and other targeted community organizations across designated territories-building awareness and institutional reputation of Columbia College Hollywood while generating quality inquiries, applications, and referrals.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Salary Requirement
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct supervision to a team of outside recruiters (Community Relations Specialist) while also managing a designated territory of business.
- Responsible for training and motivating the Community Relations Specialist.
- Partner with the Admissions to ensure that all strategic initiatives are developed and executed by assigned target dates.
- Research and analyze key industry and target company trends to develop effective marketing and growth strategies. Communicate marketing needs to Sr. Director of Community Relations
- Provide continuous monitoring and analysis of outside recruitment activities, identifying challenges and proactively recommending and implementing corrective approaches and strategies as necessary-and producing regular written progress reports.
- Achieve the weekly, monthly and annual metrics as established by the Sr. Director of Community Relations.
- Accurately forecast monthly, weekly and daily activity for assigned territories. Consistently achieves the expected goals and objectives.
- Provide weekly and monthly activity reports to the Sr. Director of Community Relations. Reporting should include CRS activities, metrics and conversions as well as plans to address deficiencies if any exist.
- Develop strategic partnerships at all levels with local high schools, community colleges, businesses, workforce agencies and/or military bases (as appropriate) for the purpose of increasing market penetration.
- Nurture new and existing relationships within the assigned territory through research, cold-calling, emailing, and other strategies-to develop a steady, full schedule that includes one-on-one meetings, group presentations, career and college fairs, and other inquiry-generating activities.
- Deliver motivating, value driven, professional presentations (or facilitate faculty-led presentations) within assigned territory-consistently communicating the Columbia College Hollywood value proposition and encouraging audience members to inquire, apply, and/or provide personal referrals.
- In addition to holding weekly Outreach team meetings, hold monthly one on ones to deliver goals and run rates to Community Relation Specialists
- Assist with planning and implementation of Educator Breakfasts, Field Trips, and other events sponsored by the Outside Recruitment Team.
- Collect and provide new inquiries and referrals to Admissions department within 48 hours of receipt, to facilitate timely follow-up from Admissions representatives.
- Manage and execute call campaigns to ensure enrollment budget for various starts and events
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of the objectives, requirements and content of all programs of study offered by the college in order to present and answer questions on factual information to all stakeholders.
- Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Prior supervisory experience and proven success in sales, community outreach, or related field.
- Professionalism, poise, and strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.