Community Relations Specialist
Title: Community Relations Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Community Relations, the Community Relations Specialist is charged with establishing and nurturing meaningful, long-term relationships with high school educators and other targeted community leaders in a designated recruiting territory—building awareness and institutional reputation of Flashpoint Chicago while generating quality inquiries, applications, and referrals.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Salary Requirement
Major Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Build a data-driven as well as qualitative understanding of high schools, college fair providers, and key community groups (e.g. youth film festivals) within designated market/territory, staying apprised of changes that will impact relationships and recruitment efforts.
- Develop and nurture new and existing relationships within the assigned territory through research, cold-calling, emailing, and other strategies—to develop a steady, full schedule that includes one-on- one meetings, group presentations, college fair participation, field trips, and other inquiry- generating activities.
- Deliver motivating, professional presentations (or facilitate faculty-led presentations) to groups at high schools and targeted community organizations within assigned territory—consistently communicating the Flashpoint Chicago value proposition and encouraging audience members to inquire, apply, and/or provide personal referrals.
- Staff Flashpoint Chicago informational tables/booths at college fairs and other key venues, proactively reaching out to attendees, providing information about Flashpoint Chicago, and encouraging attendees to inquire, apply, and/or provide personal referrals.
- Accurately forecast monthly, weekly and daily activity for assigned territory. Consistently achieve the expected goals and objectives.
- Assist with planning and implementation of Educator Breakfasts, Field Trips, and other events sponsored by the Outreach Team which may include weekends.
- Collect and provide new inquiries and referrals to Admissions department within 24 hours of receipt, to facilitate timely follow-up from Admissions representatives.
- Partner with admissions team to support monthly objectives.
- Achieve the weekly, monthly and annual metrics as established by admissions and outreach leadership.
- Execute call campaigns to ensure enrollment budget for various starts and events.
- Track individual lead flow weekly to work towards enrollment goal.
- Utilize technology, public speaking, current industry trends and Flashpoint presentation information and all presentation materials to deliver affective multimedia presentations.
- Partner with Admissions representatives to facilitate and participate in stitch-in activities with prospective students.
- Responsible for recruitment of high school summer workshops, ensuring necessary activity to achieve expected results. This will include communicating during in class presentations as well as outbound calling to recruit participants for this event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Prior experience in sales, community outreach, or related field preferred.
- Professionalism, poise, and strong public speaking skills.
- Proactivity and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be flexible of changing work schedules and events. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to provide transportation to and from work locations.