Adjunct Pool - Natural Sciences
University of Saint Katherine is seeking adjunct faculty members to teach in the Natural Sciences department in a face-to-face format beginning August 2019. The semesters are 17 weeks, and courses are primarily offered in the morning hours. Guided by the principle “Inquiry Seeking Wisdom,” the mission of University of Saint Katherine is to provide a balanced education in the liberal arts and sciences, founded and rooted in the life of the Orthodox Christian Tradition. University of Saint Katherine is nationally recognized for its innovative interdisciplinary General Education and Integrated Core programs teaching the areas of Composition, English Language and Literature, American Government and History, Economics, Business, and the Sciences. We seek to attract enthusiastic individuals committed to our mission to educate the whole person – preparing students to be critical thinkers who are ethically reflective and engaged citizens.
Adjuncts are being sought for the following areas:
• Attend training and adjunct faculty meetings each semester
• Follow the academic and administrative policies of the school
• Assess student learning as required
• Review and support the University of Saint Katherine faculty handbook.
• Support the University’s regional accreditation standards.
• Work closely with the department chair, particularly in the accreditation/course expectation and development of the syllabus.
• MA or PhD Degree in appropriate field
• College-level teaching and/or professional experience in the field
• Commitment to teaching excellence and creative pedagogy
• Ability to work as a team member with other faculty members
• Willingness to support the philosophy, goals and mission of the college
Please send 1) a cover letter, 2) CV, and 3) a Philosophy of Faith & Teaching providing your philosophy of Christian higher education, discussing how you integrate faith and learning in the classroom, and/or discussing how your faith influences your principles and practices as an educator (1 page/500 words maximum).
Email Natural Sciences applications to Dr. Gor Sarkisyan, Chair of Natural Sciences - gsarkisyan @usk.edu
The University of Saint Katherine is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. It does not sponsor employment-based visas for this position. University of Saint Katherine is an EO/AA employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. We are committed to actively recruiting applications from a diverse pool. We encourage candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education to apply. We invite applications from Orthodox Christian candidates, and from other candidates whose work may contribute to the distinctive mission of the university. Applicants should be respectful of the mission-based identity of the University as a higher- education institution of liberal arts and sciences rooted in the Orthodox Christian tradition.