Client Systems Technician
Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the position of Client Systems Technician
As part of a team-oriented staff, share in the responsibility of providing the campus community with client systems computing services. You will configure, install, and support desktop computers, laptop computers, network printers, monitors, and other general peripherals in the field as well as in the shop. In collaboration with colleagues, provide technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers that communicate with application servers and third-party support software. Using the college’s IT ticketing system, you will create, manage, and complete service tickets. Respond and follow-up on customer support problems, provide timely and professional support to users.
- Four year degree.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of currently supported Windows and Mac operating systems as well as their compatible hardware and peripherals.
- Strong familiarity with and knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Windows applications.
- Ability to explain technology issues to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working in an academic setting, preferably higher education.
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Prior experience with project management principles.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.