DCC Academy of Music Assistant (22 hours/week)
Department: Performing, Visual Arts and Communication/ Academy of Music
Reports to: Academy of Music Associate Chair
Dutchess Community College is seeking a part time assistant to support the day to day operations of the Academy of Music credit and credit free courses. Candidates must have the ability to read music and have experience working in an artistic musical performance environment. A commitment to cultural diversity and student success is critical to full performance in the position.
- Supervise piano tuning by developing a piano tuning inventory list, and assessing piano tuning needs.
- Supervise music facilities by inspecting and maintaining the DCC Main Campus, DCC South, and St. Peters worksites with appropriate music equipment.
- Supervise credit and credit-free music event receptions in terms of marketing, scheduling and catering.
- Advise students in credit-free private instruction needs and courses; pair students with instructors for individual music lessons, and schedule lessons for maximum use of instructor time.
- Advise parents and answer Academy inquiries via phone and email, and facilitate credit-free registration for students.
- Develop materials and routines for practice sessions and rehearsals.
- Turn pages and assist with Academy credit and credit-free recitals and events, both on and off-campus; this will entail periodic evening and weekend hours.
- Develop marketing materials for Academy, including credit courses and credit-free courses/events. This includes posting on social media, composing Constant Contact emails, updating flyers, and distributing flyers and brochures in the community according to the Academy’s marketing plan.
- Manage materials and merchandise sold in conjunction with the Academy.
- Assist the Academy Chair and Associate Chair in all Academy functions as needed.
- Bachelors in Music or closely-related field preferred; Associate Degree in Performing Arts/Music or a closely-related field required.
- Musical performance experience and ability to read music required: 5 years or more.
- Be available Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, working two full days and two half days.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and efficiency.
- Adept at working under pressure and deadlines.
- Driver’s license/reliable transportation required.
- Complete Defensive Driver and college van training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft platform required (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with email marketing software desirable.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign preferred for publicizing concerts online, creating flyers and programs, etc.
- Marketing experience (both print and digital) preferred.
To Apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others ( AA/EOE).