Job Number: 82464
Job Family: Administration
Job Series: Administrative Associate
Job Code: 4103
9-month Fixed-term position
The Precourt Institute for Energy is the interdisciplinary hub for energy research, education and convening at Stanford and serves to create a community for scholars, business leaders, policymakers and others seeking solutions to the world's most difficult energy challenges.
The Stanford Precourt Institute seeks an organized, creative, results-oriented administrative professional to support a number of administrative and operational functions for several of our energy units. Under general supervision reporting to the Associate Director for Operations, the Administrative Specialist will support activities for our Strategic Energy Alliance, Stanford Energy Corporate Affiliates, Sustainable Finance Initiative, and Hacking for Defense units in addition to providing general office support for the institute.
- Assist with facilitation and organization of meetings and workshops
- Coordinate logistics for reservations, registration, room scheduling, catering, signage, and materials
- Assist with sponsor visits and provide event support
- Plan and schedule calendars and resolve calendaring conflicts
- Process travel reimbursements, submit and monitor financial transactions
- Review invoices for accuracy in compliance with policies
- Make travel arrangements for directors, sponsors, and visitors
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters
- Support the preparation of various reports which include data entry in reports and spreadsheets
- Update approved content on websites
- Enter data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals
- Serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative task
A successful candidate will be comfortable as an administrative “go-to” person. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, resourceful, dependable, self-directed and a flexible team player with strong follow-up skills, and a positive “can do” attitude. The successful candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and pay close attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and switch hats often. Solid computer skills are required. Familiarity with Stanford procedures and interest in energy would be a plus.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 82464
Location: Dean of Research, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency