Campus and Facilities Planner
The Campus & Facilities Planner is solely responsible for managing Facilities' data, and providing input and analysis of that data in relation to a wide range of planning efforts in support of department-wide operations. Oversees all Facilities Management & Construction data, drawings, systems, policies, and procedures. Manages implementation of campus-wide projects, such as signage and wayfinding. Works in collaboration with department personnel and other stakeholders to develop and maintain benchmarking metrics, best practice processes, and operational efficiencies. Serves as a member of the senior leadership team and is actively involved in the development, implementation, and management of campus standards and plans for the College's continuous improvement.
- Solely responsible for collecting, organizing, updating, managing and disseminating all construction and building-related data including building plans, GIS information, space allocation, signage, facilities assessments, design standards, and project management systems. Guides and advises appropriate stakeholders on how to effectively utilize data to help shape Facilities' vision for department and campus-wide operations.
- Conducts studies and research and analyzes data for annual capital planning process to identify and implement a strategic five-year capital plan for major capital and deferred maintenance projects.
- Critically researches and analyzes systems, software and structure for tracking Facilities' data. Determines appropriate systems in collaboration with the AVP, Facilities. Autonomously implements new systems and software and trains employees in the use of the new systems. Ensures members of Facilities have appropriate access to the data and understand how to use the data to further their objectives.
- Designs and maintains print and electronic systems for managing construction and building-related information, including capturing and collecting documentation, drawings, and records via site visits, collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, and other external data sources. Responsible for developing, validating, and documenting scopes of work, conceptual layouts, schedules, and conceptual budgets in accordance with College goals and objectives.
- Coordinates Facilities Management & Construction sustainability initiatives, including capital project LEED design and implementation, reports and analyzes utility data in support of all reporting requirements, develops and implements department sustainability policies and serves as department liaison to campus Sustainability Office.
- Develops and implements a system for tracking campus-wide space allocation. Provides programming evaluations for key design metrics, layout, space allocation, cost, user experience, and recommendations on space development alternatives.
- Oversees a library of campus and facilities planning reports, documents, activities, programs, and benchmarks for higher education best practices.
- Autonomously creates department communications, including preparing presentations, reports, and campus-wide messaging. Clearly communicates goals and desired outcomes to individuals and groups. Updates existing and creates new content on department webpage.
- Supports Facilities Trustees Committee and other executive-level committees with presentation materials, data analysis and record keeping.
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of related experience required.
- Strong computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office, GIS software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other design and graphics programs and database applications, especially in space and facilities management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize work, anticipate and meet established deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to organize, analyze and present complex data.
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Occasional nights and weekends required. This position is part of the on-call team.
- Master's degree in planning or related field preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.