Trinity Christian College seeks a part-time Accounting Assistant for the Business Office. This is a 20-hour a week position. The Accounting Assistant performs accounting and general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation, especially bank accounts, Excel spreadsheet work, and assists with reporting duties.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly accounting entries and adjustments
- Prepare bank and general ledger account reconciliations
- Data entry of transactions
- Assist where needed and when assigned elsewhere in the business office
- Prepare monthly sales tax reports
- Run queries and financial reports
A high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required as well as one or more years of relevant experience and/or training in basic accounting or related field.
Other qualifications include:
- Professional expertise and integrity
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Related experience preferred
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency with MS EXCEL products
- Proficiency with MS WORD products
- Ability to learn and use Blackbaud Financial Edge database software
- Ability to learn and use other Microsoft products
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church