Professional Assistant I School of Nursing - Nursing PN
Professional Assistant I School of Nursing – Nursing PN
Announcement is hereby made for a full-time (12-month) tenure-track position as a Professional Assistant I in the Practical Nursing (PN) program, beginning in the Fall 2019 semester at the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center in Riverhead. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Professional Assistant I (PAI) reports to the Academic Chairperson of the Nursing Department on the Eastern Campus. He/she primarily supports the nursing program and nursing laboratories. With approval of the direct supervisor, the PA will:
- Prepare nursing skills and simulation laboratories for faculty instruction;
restore lab to original state following class completion.
- Establish and update policies to align with standard best practices and accreditation requirements related to the use of simulation technology.
- Develop, present, refine and evaluate scenarios utilized for simulation experiences that include role playing, props and dialog to create a realistic learning environment.
- Establish and monitor long-term plan for simulation maintenance, repairs, and purchase of new equipment and supplies.
- Assist with cost comparison, inventory, bookkeeping and purchasing of equipment and supplies as directed
- Participate in identifying potential sources of funding for simulation enhancements and technologies.
- Implement faculty desired electronic medication programs for each specific nursing course.
- Assist with writing grant proposals and maintain records for existing grant awards
- Coordinate student open lab practice time and assist students in the mastery of nursing skills by observing their practice and, when necessary, demonstrating or directing students to appropriate learning resources.
- Prepare and manage documentation and materials related to PN program clinical rotations.
- Assist Instructors as needed during computerized ATI exams, dosage assessment tests, and course exams.
- Collaborate with library staff to obtain library owned audiovisual material to be used during classroom lectures.
- Actively participate in departmental, campus and College committees/meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Academic Chair.
Bachelor's degree in nursing and current New York State Registered Nurse license is required. Simulation operation experience in a practical nursing program or healthcare institution is preferred.
Master of Science degree in Nursing or equivalent graduate degree is preferred.
Click on the following link:
Select position #19-09 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.