Marketing Partner, School of Law
Marketing Partner, School of Law
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Marketing Partner, School of Law
The University of San Francisco's Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) provides centralized marketing and communications services to the USF community and in support of the university overall. We offer creative services ranging from web design to publications to multimedia to media relations, with $300,000 in billable hours per year and more than $1 million in advertising spend. We communicate with varied audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and the business community via our website (usfca.edu), social media channels, alumni magazine, and other outlets.
The Marketing Partner develops and implements strategic integrated marketing communications programs that elevate the visibility and reputation of the university, its five schools, and seven administrative units with key stakeholders, including prospective students, alumni/ae, community and business leaders, employers, and the community at large. The Marketing Partner works collaboratively across the School of Law to promote strategic, consistent, creative, and quality messaging and visual expression of the university and the School of Law.
This position requires a creative, experienced marketing and communications professional who will initiate and implement major marketing projects that are aligned with the School of Law's goals and mission. The Marketing Partner oversees the School of Law's publications, design, editorial and web services, multimedia projects, social media, and marketing for all departments. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Marketing, and works in close collaboration with the Dean of the School of Law and the school's associate deans, faculty, and administrative staff (partner).
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication, writing, and editing skills, along with proven project management skills and the ability to work closely and creatively with a variety of constituencies.
Full Job Description:
1. Collaborating with colleagues in the Office of Marketing Communications, develops, obtains approval, and implements multi-channel communication plans to help achieve the strategic goals of partner deans, coordinating all marketing and communications activities into a compelling, coherent, and effective integrated effort. Communications channels can include events, email, print, web, social media, video, media relations, and advertising and the combination of these channels best suited to the partner's various target audiences.
2. Develops productive relationships with the partner, providing expert counsel and becoming a trusted leader and advisor for the community's marketing and communications needs. Develops a thorough, nuanced understanding of the partner's audiences, goals, market position, faculty and staff, current marketing program and its results, and culture. This may include attending Law School division meetings, industry conferences, etc.
3. Develops and disseminates goals, deliverables, measurable results, schedules, and budgets for all communication plans. Manages all day-to-day aspects of plan communication and plan implementation.
4. Works with the Creative Director to deliver content for the design and copywriting of ads, brochures, websites, campaign materials, social media, and other collateral.
5. Works with the Creative Director and Project Manager to understand, communicate, and execute effective project scheduling in order to realistically best manage partner expectation.
6. Works with the Director of Media Relations and the Editorial Director to identify story ideas and faculty experts.
7. Works with internal and external media buyers to purchase print, outdoor, and Internet advertising space.
8. Collaborating with the Production Manager, selects and manages vendors for creative services not available on-campus.
9. Manages overall budget for print publications. Prepares spreadsheets and financial transaction reports and develops budget and finance tracking tools. Coordinates with the School of Law's Budget Manager regarding budget amounts and planning.
10. Hires and supervises student workers.
11. Coordinates and facilitates the collection and analysis of appropriate data using focus groups, on-line surveys, and other market research tools.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: minimum 5 years of experience in marketing or communications; significant experience managing advertising campaigns preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a comprehensive, creative and integrated marketing communications program;
- Experience leading brand initiatives and building productive relationships in culturally diverse and complex institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong organization-wide relationships and be viewed as a trusted partner who is an expert in the fields of branding, marketing and strategic communications.
- Successful candidate will have a superior understanding of the creative process, brand development, advertising, marketing principles, and communication technology. Familiarity of print production processes a plus.
- Excellent strategic skills, with the ability to analyze marketing data, work with partner to understand their business goals and audiences, and develop focused marketing strategies that guide partner and the creative team;
- Excellent, proven project management skills required. Successful candidate will have substantial experience managing multiple projects within tight schedules. Familiarity and comfort using project tracking software. Candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking and problem solving and must have a strong record of meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
- A portfolio of outstanding creative work that you have developed, contributed to, and directed.
- Hands-on experience and/or a solid understanding of the creative functions of publications, design, web design, editorial, photography, and videography, along with a conceptual understanding of how to integrate these functions with communications and marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate in a concise manner.
- Understanding of and alignment with USF's mission and values. A consistent and obvious service orientation. The ability to thrive within a university environment.
- A reputation as a team player.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Marketing-Partner--School-of-Law_R0000923.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency