University of La Verne
Project Manager, Office of Strategic Communications
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
The Project Manager works within the Office of Strategic Communication to oversee the initiation, prioritization, and scheduling of marketing and communications projects, managing them from request through delivery. The Project Manager serves as the main point of contact for campus stakeholders, providing them visibility into work as it progresses. He or she coordinates across across creative, content, digital, and marketing teams to ensure quality control and the tracking and timely completion of tasks.
- Manage, establish, and communicate project timelines and budgets to internal team, external vendors, and university stakeholders.
- Maintain a calendar of recurring annual projects and deadlines. Ensure timely initiation of those projects.
- Serve as office liaison to campus community partners; obtain correct information on project requests and continue to update campus partners on progress, timelines, proofs, revisions; share project intake information with internal team leads to determine best strategy for projects. Follow professional, courteous, client service protocols.
- Provide prompt, detailed, consistent, and effective communication and project updates to campus partners, internal team, and enrollment management leaders as needed.
- Troubleshoot and offer solutions when challenges arise with projects (examples: design needs more time to create, budget will not cover client’s request, client not responding with feedback within agreed timeline).
- Supervise project management of marketing and communications projects including (but not limited to) digital advertising, print advertising, direct mail marketing, brochures, video and PowerPoint presentations, PR announcements, events and university internal communications.
- Ensure efficient, effective project management structure and processes are maintained to guarantee all projects are completed on time and clients are satisfied with the completed product.
- Assist in identifying/securing/gathering copy, photos, video content for design/production pieces.
- Organize and maintain project files (photo, video, content, design, doc files) to ensure efficiencies in accessing and selecting the best content for projects as well as keeping records of past projects.
- Lead weekly project production meetings.
Quality Control/Fact Checking:
- Manage Quality Control (QC) process for all projects; communicate with campus partners/clients and to internal team members to execute changes and provide final products to Executive Director prior to sharing revised copy client/campus partner.
- As needed, assist with fact checking/copy editing for various print and digital publications.
- Monitor proper use of University Identity Manual specifications for all material produced.
- Coordinate print projects with outside design/printing agencies.
- Secure bids from vendors; coordinate and secure approval of budget parameters with campus partners and internal staff.
- Proactively coordinate with campus partners, including Regional and Online Campuses and academic colleges, to ensure their access to and use of up-to-date marketing and branding materials.
- Assist and back up Office Manager in budget management tasks such as invoice processing, purchase order creation, and funds transfers.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years Demonstrated experience in project management or administrative or clerical support
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with office equipment and software, including PC computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skill
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Experience in advertising, marketing, or communications
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency