Administrative Secretary II
Administrative Secretary II
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services; support and assist the Dean, faculty, staff and students. Perform a wide variety of administrative and secretarial duties; serve as a liaison between the Dean, faculty, staff, students and other District and community officials; plan, coordinate and implement on-going operations and activities of the department.
1. Plan, schedule, and perform a variety of secretarial duties to relieve the Dean of a variety of clerical, technical and routine administrative duties; serve as a liaison between the administrator and staff, public and other District personnel; oversee the daily operations of the department.
2. Prioritize and coordinate office activities to ensure timelines are met; coordinate, communicate and disseminate information.
3. Review and proof documents, records, and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations.
4. Collect and compile statistical and financial data and other information for inclusion into special and periodic reports.
5. Collect and process preliminary curriculum review and new curriculum proposals; edit College catalog sections pertaining to the Division to assure completeness and accuracy; implement catalog changes in class schedule and course outlines.
6. Prepare, process and distribute budget transfers; research and compile data necessary to purchase Division instructional and office equipment; monitor each discipline's projects and grants accounts and maintain budget expenditures.
7. Prepare agenda and handouts; schedule discipline meetings; assist in compiling research materials for annual long range planning development proposal.
8. Transcribe communications; draft, prepare and edit a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports and other materials; record and transcribe minutes; compose routine correspondence as assigned; type from rough draft or oral direction.
9. Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and conferences; operate and maintain electronic calendar; make travel arrangements and process District travel forms.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: two years college-level course work in Office Information Systems, and two years secretarial experience.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Range 20, Steps 1-6, $3,811.00-$4,636.00. Initial placement for external applicants is Step 1. An excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, and generous sick leave package.
WORKING DAYS & HOURS:
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Approximately). Work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the department.
STARTING DATE: As soon as the successful candidate is identified and following the subsequent governing board approval.
All application materials must be received on-line at https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/2722. Position is open until filled. Applications received by the first screening deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 5, 2019 are guaranteed to be reviewed by the selection committee. Any application received after the deadline is not guaranteed a review.
March 25-April 5, 2019
Position advertised; District receives applications
April 5, 2019
Initial screening deadline for guaranteed consideration. Position is open until filled.
April 29-May 10, 2019
Search Committee interviews candidates (first level interviews)
Employment start date pending Governing Board approval and passing pre-employment physical.
APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE AT OUR COLLEGE WEBSITE, https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/2722
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit the following application materials on-line: FAXED MATERIALS AND E-MAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
(1) Letter of application (cover letter)
(2)SWC on-line application
(5)Unofficial copies of college transcripts with date degree conferred
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date. A separate, complete application packet is required for each position for which you are applying for.
All materials included in your application packet become District property,
will not be returned, will not be copied, and will be considered for this opening only.
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
If additional positions become available in this classification, applications received in response to this posting may be considered for those additional positions for up to 90 days after final board approval.
INTERVIEW TRAVEL COSTS MUST BE BORNE BY THE APPLICANT.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Southwestern Community College District will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency