Assistant Professor in Communication/Public Relations
The position is academic year, tenure-track at the rank of Assistant Professor. Anticipated appointment date: August 2019.
• Establish competitively funded research program relevant to Media and Environment; Science, Environment, or Climate Communication; Sustainable Development; Environmental Advocacy; Environmental Crisis Communication; Environmental Health; Environmental Justice; Resilience; Corporate Sustainability and Communication; Inclusive Science Communication; and/or Public Engagement, Risk Communications and Environmental Dispute Resolution.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses, including Communication for Marine Affairs (MAF 310), and engage in the general education program.
• Teach courses in public relations and/or strategic communication;
• Publish original research
• Provide advising and research mentorship to undergraduate and graduate students
• Provide service to the department, University and the profession
• Provide leadership to URI-wide initiatives to expand science and environmental communication via courses, experiential education, and/or professional development.
Visit the URI jobs website at https://jobs.uri.edu to apply and view complete details for posting (F00136). Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application: (1) Cover letter describing qualifications for position (one complete pdf document), (2) Curriculum Vitae, which should include information pertaining to the required qualifications for this position, and the names and contact information for three professional references (as one complete pdf document), (3) Statement of research accomplishments and future research plans as well as teaching accomplishments and philosophy (as one complete pdf document), and (4) One document of writing samples which is to include up to three publications, working papers, or dissertation chapters (as one complete pdf document).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by April 15, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by May 1, 2019. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (May 1, 2019) may not be given full consideration.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY.
The University of Rhode Island is an AA/EEOD employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other protected groups are encouraged to apply.