Job Number: 82461
Administrative Associate Job Code: 4102 Job Grade: E FTE: 100%, Non-exempt, Continuing
School of Engineering, Institute for Computational & Mathematical Engineering (ICME)
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems. ICME, the institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering is an interdisciplinary research and teaching institute and is part of the School of Engineering.
ICME, seeks an Administrative Specialist, to act as the primary point of contact for ICME students and guests in day-to-day inquiries and operational matters. The Administrative Specialist also manages ICME events throughout the year, working with ICME staff and other Stanford departments (finance, event services, etc). You will perform a variety of duties including creating and editing communications, reports and spreadsheets; scheduling and managing events and meetings; monitoring and handling reimbursements; and maintaining office supplies.
Are you personable and proactive? Do you partner well with others? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Main point of contact for ICME students and guests
- Financial transaction support (purchasing, reimbursements, PCard)
- Event management - coordinating dates, rooms, AV, catering and other logistics
- Producing seminar communications targeting the community- via email, Slack, ICME website
- General admin support including updating website an maintaining mailing list, room reservations
- Assisting in scheduling TA office hours
- Administrative support for HIVE (visualization lab)
- Interacting with Stanford Finance, Event Services and facilities departments to ensure smooth operations of the department events and suite maintenance
- May also guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with outside partners at various levels of seniority
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications, including ability to review and update excel financial spreadsheets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fast learner; excited to learn new organization and software tools
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency