Administrative Assistant V
Administrative Assistant V
Biomedical Engineering Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support for the execution of a wide variety of administrative tasks. Serve as the front-line contact for students, faculty, and visitors in the Department, providing prompt, friendly, and professional answers to questions and inquires, and appropriately route more complex questions.
Principal Duty and Responsibility
- Support operations of the Department's undergraduate program: maintain records/files, assist with coordination and facilitation of BME Open Houses, organize Project Presentation Day, prepare & distribute BME Senior Exit Surveys, organize Senior Banquet/BBQ and socials, take minutes at Undergraduate Curriculum Committee meetings.
- Maintain informational databases to track the department's student population; use these and various WPI on-line systems to provide routine information and ad hoc reports.
- Perform routine clerical duties: Room scheduling and coordination of routine meetings, handle numerous routine contacts, answer questions and gather information requiring discretion/sensitivity, answer BME departmental telephone number, direct calls and take messages, sort/distribute mail and handle incoming and outgoing mail deliveries and packages, sign and notify recipients, maintain office equipment (PC, printers, fax and photocopy machine).
- Proactively update the BME website and prepare departmental digital and print publications and mailings.
- High School diploma or equivalent with some college preferred.
- 3-4 years of office or secretarial experience.
- Working knowledge of all applications within Microsoft Office and Web-based software.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate effectively, use good judgment, manage multiple projects and work independently is essential. Requires a mature, outgoing professional who is self-motivated and service-oriented.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0000276
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency