Dental Hygiene Faculty, Part-Time
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Dental Hygiene Faculty, Part-Time Requisition Number FAC00289 General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Dental Hygiene Program teaches the student how to play a critical role as part of a dental health care team that educates and treats patients. The Program instructs students in how to provide preventative care and treatment, which may include medical and dental history review, head and neck examination, exposure of dental images, dental prophylaxis (teeth cleaning), fluoride, sealants and polishing of restorations. This is the only accredited Dental Hygiene Program in Philadelphia, which uses state-of-the-art equipment; has access to faculty who are experts in the profession; hands-on experience with patients in an onsite free dental clinic; and receive excellent preparation for taking the required exams for licensing and certification. The Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
The Dental Program invites applications for part-time faculty positions available for the 2019 calendar year. Applications will remain on file until December 31, 2019.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach didactic and clinical program courses in Dental Hygiene Program. Strong technology skills, digital image experience and must be committed to the learner-centered educational process. Must be willing to teach at the main College campus, during the day and evening.
• Provide instructional services, engage in continuous academic development in teaching discipline-specific theory and clinical practice; participate in program activities, and perform other program duties as assigned related to position.
• Other responsibilities, which relate to the student success and program advancement and development, may include but not limited to, program administration, curriculum development, student guidance/advising/mentoring, and accreditation documentation.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in a health related field or Education.
• Pennsylvania license or be eligible for licensure.
• Local anesthesia permit.
• Minimum of one year of teaching experience.Preferred Qualifications
• Two years of didactic and/or clinical experience.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or Rank Salary Range Job Posting Open Date Job Posting Close Date Position Type Faculty Job Category Employment Status Part-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in Master’s degree in a health related field or Education?
- * Do you hold a Pennsylvania license or eligible for licensure?
- * Do you hold a local anesthesia permit?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of teaching experience?
- * Do you have two years of didactic and/or clinical experience?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)