Accounting Clerk 3
Job Title: Accounting Clerk 3
Location: Case Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 7482
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep HR financial records complete. Perform any combination of complex and diverse calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Audit data entry recorded in HCM by other workers.
- Perform complex and diverse bookkeeping and accounting duties as they relate to the preparation of reports, statements, invoices or other financial records. (10%)
- Initiate and complete payment requests from all Human Resources vendors, for example, payments to Benefit vendors, to temporary employment services (i.e. Kelly Services-weekly), advertising (i.e. Graystone-monthly), and background checks (i.e. Certified Background and TalentWise-monthly). Ensure accuracy of billing information and timely payments. (10%)
- Initiate and process payment requests from other vendors, i.e. Eqifax (unemployment) and [email protected] (employee assistance program provider). Review and process the monthly unemployment billing from the state. (10%)
- Perform posting to general ledger, miscellaneous HR billing and reconciliation of accounts. (10%)
- Verify claims and administrative billing with university benefits enrollment data; audit and post retiree medical payments. (10%)
- Support Charity Choice program and ensure monthly payments are made to charities. (5%)
- Organize and maintain filing system for current and closed accounts. (10%)
- Maintain and enhance documented procedures for position. (10%)
- Audit benefits data entry. (15%)
- Assist with benefits fair planning and set-up. (4%)
- Provide coverage to the Human Resources Service Center on an as needed basis (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (1%)
Department: Interact daily with benefits administration and other Human Resources staff.
University: Contact with General Accounting, departmental accounting (ex. School of Dental Medicine), Payroll, and Budget offices on an as needed. Communicate with faculty and staff on a daily basis to provide explanations of benefit programs and processes and assist employees with their questions and issues.
External: Primary contact is with insurance carriers and third party administrators. Greet and assist visitors daily in-person and on the telephone.
Students: Incoming tuition waiver benefit applications necessitate occasional contact with students.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
Experience: 2 to 3 years of related experience required.
Education/Licensing: High school education required.
- Must possess strong customer service orientation and be able to meet/exceed high customer service expectations.
- Able to tactfully process and protect confidential data.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high volume and time sensitive setting.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel. Experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Able to operate general office equipment, perform calculations and produce documents.
General office environment.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Diversity Statement
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Reasonable Accommodations
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$2');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;