Title IX Coordinator
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Title IX Coordinator supports learning by coordinating and ensuring the University’s compliance with federal and state gender-based discrimination and harassment laws, including Title IX, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the Campus SaVE Act, and the Clery Act. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy, in support of a safe and respectful environment for all campus constituents.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education, social work, human resources or closely related field, or Juris Doctorate strongly preferred.
- Experience administering and coordinating a comprehensive program addressing Title IX compliance strongly preferred.
- Experience investigating and resolving allegations of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct/sexual violence also strongly preferred.
- Experience in higher education, student life, law enforcement, human resources or a regulatory compliance setting strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs on Title IX and sexual misconduct preferred.
- Working knowledge of Title IX and related laws, including a clear understanding of ongoing developments in Title IX, VAWA, Campus SaVE and Clery Act is essential.
- Strong listening, counseling and negotiation skills, as well as ability to maintain confidentiality, be resourceful and use discretion.
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with diverse population of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community partners.
- Ability to be respectful, professional and compassionate when working with emotional and sensitive issues.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact in person, via electronic media, and on the telephone.
- Ability to use computer equipment.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.