Graduate Assistant - Political Science & International Affairs (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Graduate Assistant - Political Science & International Affairs (Fall 2019) Position Number:HR:11906095/BUD:10043317 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:06/15/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Graduate Assistants in the Department of Political Science & International Affairs (PSIA). The Graduate Assistants are to be present in the undergraduate class which they are assisting every class meeting. They must be available to students enrolled in the class for at least three (3) hours of “office” hours per week. This will be coordinated with their sponsoring instructor. This position will also include a tuition waiver.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Graduate Assistant duties will include:
- Classroom Assistance – Guest lecturing, proctoring examinations, or providing support to the instructor during class sessions
- Maintain Office Hours – 3 official office hours a week to provide support to students
- General Instructor Support – up to 4 hours a week providing support to the instructor outside of class including grading examinations, papers and/or other assignments, devising examinations, holding tutorials and/or review sessions, and maintaining student attendance records online.
- Familiarity with subject of course (American Government or Global Issues, based on program)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint primarily)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and accuracy in handling student records.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher completed.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.